Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 31, 2011


Hey Mom and Dad,
It sounds like you guys had a pretty cool weekend with all of the family and whatnot. And the fact that you took Grandpa Roland on a helicopter ride for his birthday is very cool, dad! I liked the picture of the two of you in front of it. It just made me want to go flying again though. I miss that quite a bit. And seeing the pictures of the valley around the cemetery was cool as well, although seeing Blake's grave all decorated made me get a bit choked up I have to admit. I'm looking forward to taking a little ride in his car when I get back. I'll be sure to do a nice burnout for him haha. Perhaps we can have the clutch in pieces by the time we're done just for old memories sake, lol.
The cemetery flyby sounded pretty funny. That definitely would've merited the "Top Gun" theme if I would've been in the plane with you guys haha and I'm sure Blake was loving it from heaven! I'm looking forward to working on Grandpa's house when I get back. Like I said before I really honestly miss that type of stuff and I would really like to be a part of it.
I bet that missionary that stopped by Kim & Sue's with Benjamin did find the story about Grandpa getting you lost on your trip to Forks even when he was 500 miles away hilarious, because not only is every story about Grandpa Max getting dad lost peppered with a little profanity it's always very entertaining. It's so good when members treat the missionaries like normal people and are willing to tell stories like that. Lots of people don't do that because they see missionaries as machines that won't find those kinds of things very funny. I love it when we go to someone's house and they treat us like a normal person with a special calling rather than these elevated beings with no sense of humor. I'm still just Brice, hopefully an improved version, but I'm still me.
I'm glad my letter to Grandpa Max & Grandma Lois got there alright and they liked it. I really do suck at writing letters to people. I'm glad you liked the story about Ondrej trying to find a way to get the signature from his parents to allow him to get baptized. It was amazing to kneel down and ask Heavenly Father to help him be able to get the signatures and have him call right after and say that his dad had consented and was going to sign the papers. It was a such a cool experience I have to admit. It's amazing how often a blessing is just waiting for you and all you need to do is put forth a bit of effort and ask for it.
Our week here was really good. Our baptisms went through wonderfully. I'm going to send a couple of pictures to you after I'm finished with this email so you'll have to let me know next week if they come through ok. China John is doing really, really well and so is Ondrej so we're really happy for all of that.
We had an area conference on Sunday where we got to hear from the Prophet, Elder Perry, and Elder Kearon. Speaking of Elder Kearon I don't remember if I told you or not but he came and visited the mission a few weeks back. He's a really cool guy with a posh English accent lol. But the conference was awesome. We heard alot about how it's our responsibility as members to go out and find those people who have strayed away and bring them back. Pres. Monson's talk was really, really good.
Anyways I better get going now so I'll have time to send pictures to you guys. 
I love you both. Have a good week ok.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment