Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 3, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad,
Before I forget I'll let you know that I'll be skyping you guys at 9am on Sunday from China John's computer. I'm really sorry if this interferes with church but I couldn't remember what time it's at nowadays and that's really the only time I could do it so hopefully that will work out. If something needs to change you'll have to call Gerry and he can let me know and we'll try to sort it.
It sounds like you guys had a good Sunday. I'm glad you went and met Bedke and his family. He is seriously one of my favorite missionaries I ever met out here. I'm glad he told you some stories haha. The tranny was disgusting, but really, really funny. I'm glad that your visit was all good.
So you've already got my reporting day all sorted out huh? I can't believe how quickly the time has gone. I've only got two transfers left after next week. I'm pretty sure I'm getting shipped out of Notts though, we'll have to see what happens. Things are going pretty well here right now, we are still teaching a few people but our teaching pool has dried up a bit again so we have to find alot. We still have China John and right now I teach him and a couple of his friends English so maybe they'll find some interest in the gospel also, we'll have to see but that's what we're hoping and praying for.
President Ogden emailed all of us and let us know that Bin Laden got capped by some Navy SEALs so that was pretty sweet. I debated wearing my American flag tie but decided that might not be the wisest thing judging by the wide variety of cultures present in Britain. I might get shanked lol.
The royal wedding sounds almost like it was more of a big thing at home than here. There are lots of souvenirs and stuff floating around but nothing too serious. I guess it was pretty big in London though. Pretty much the only cool thing they did here was shoot fireworks from the castle at night. I actually got a couple of pretty great pictures because we have a really good view of the castle from our balcony. I'm debating buying a flag with their picture on it just for a memory, it is kinda cool that I was in England when it all took place. We'll see, but judging by who William got married to I might take a greater interest in British politics and particularly the royal family now than I did before lol.
Before I go I just wanted to thank you again for all you do and for the pictures of the headstone. I think it looks really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person. I better get going now though, I'll talk to you guys on Sunday. I love you both.
Love, Brice

No comments:

Post a Comment