Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad,
Things are going pretty good here now. The holidays are over so we don't have as much stuff to get in the way, and I've been feeling a ton better too. You were right about lots of missionaries being sick, on one of the days apparently 1/3 of the mission was down and not able to work. We were able to go out and get some work done and everything last week so that was all good. It felt so much better to actually be able to accomplish something lol, I was getting a bit of cabin fever. We even got to play some golf this morning with the ward mission leader and bishop and some of the other guys from the ward so that was sweet. I shot a 39. I've got to admit I was really proud of myself for not having played for nearly 18 months and using borrowed clubs. It took a couple of holes to get warmed up but it was alright. We had spot of rain come through and melt a good bit of snow and it wasn't too cold today so not too bad. No worse than any of the tournaments we had in high school. It was good fun!  I'm pretty sure that was my last proper p-day in Redditch since it's transfers next week so I thought it was well spent. I'm really not looking forward to getting moved though, I've really come to love this area a ton and you're right I just might have some Gerry withdrawals lol. It'll just be crazy not to have him around anymore. But I guess we'll just have to get used to it huh.
Other than that like I said we were able to go and get a bit of work done last week for a few days so that was good. We've got our work cut out for us I think. Missing a few days makes life a bit tough. So ya we're going to really try and find some new people so Elder Christiansen and his new comp won't be left high and dry after I'm gone you know. So that's the job for the week really. Hopefully everything goes well for that.
It sounds like you guys had a good time down at Todd's, especially Madison with her dollars haha. I miss that party, that was always a sweet night for everybody with the games and all. We spent a bit of our new years with the ward mission leader playing games and stuff then we went to Gerry's for the rest of it. So that was alright really. The snow is nearly all gone now but they're anticipating more of it during January so I don't think we'll be safe for much longer. We'll have to see how it goes.
Anyways I better get going now. I love you both.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment