Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad,
Sorry this is so late but by the time we got here yesterday it was too late to do much other than eat dinner and get to work so that's what we did. Nottingham is really, really cool I like it alot. Our flat is the bomb. It's not like posh or anything but it's a 6th floor flat, with an elevator :-), and it's right on the banks of the River Trent and we have a balcony that overlooks it. I'll get some pictures to send to you guys soon. It's really, really awesome. I already love it here. The accent sounds alot better than Brummy (Brummy is what they call the accent of the people who live around Birmingham, or Brum as some call it, hence Brummy). That probably doesn't make sense now but it will when you get here. I'll make sure and point it out to you but you'll probably pick it up on your own. But I'm really excited to work here. My new comp is called Elder Lindstrom from Payson, UT. He seems pretty cool, I'll let you know how it goes with him. In my district there's a guy from Idaho Falls and then one of the zone leaders who lives just accross the river from us is from Oakley, Idaho. Pretty cool huh. So our meetings are going to be full of Idahoans. I'm pretty nervous to be a district leader, I'm not going to lie. I just don't want to have everything crap out and then have it be my fault. But it's good to have the ZL's right here cuz they said they would help me with whatever I need. So it's pretty sweet.
I was pretty sad to be leaving Redditch but Nottingham is one of the places I really wanted to go before I went home so if I had to move I'm glad it was here. I think we'll have a good time. Elder Von Brughan is in my zone now as well so I'll be able to see him more often now too, I'm really happy for that. So ya life is good here right now. We did find a couple of new people in Redditch right before I left so that's really good too. So we filled the teaching pool just a little bit right before I left for Elder Christiansen to work with. I talked to Sharon right before I left and told her you guys were coming over when I finish and she said she'd really like to meet you. I'd really like you guys to meet her too. She was seriously like the coolest person ever.
Anyways I better get going now but I hope you guys are having a good week. You'll be hearing from me again on Monday so not too long. Love you both.
Oh ya and I forgot to tell you that Loughborough is in my district. If I remember correctly that's where Vivian Mendenhall's mom lives. You'll have to ask her next time you see her. By the way it's pronounced Luffburra. I know it looks retarded when you spell it that way but that's how you say it.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment