Wednesday, December 29, 2010

December 29, 2010

Hey Mom and Dad,
Our week hasn't been too lovely, I've been pretty ill the last couple of days so we haven't been able to accomplish too much cuz we've been inside. It's pretty lame, hopefully we'll be back into the swing of everything soon though. I don't really like staying inside much, it gets a bit boring. I've spent quite a bit of time sleeping though.
Christmas was alright here. We had a good time with Gerry as usual so that was good. It's warmed up the last couple of days and rained a bit so some of the snow has gone. Hopefully it'll stay gone. I used to like the snow until I had to be outside all day in it. Then it's not near as fun.
That story about Grandpa telling Devon he wouldn't be able to walk if he didn't get to bed is hilarious. I can just hear him saying it too haha. I'm sure Grandpa didn't catch too much stick for that huh lol. I bet Devon wouldn't let that one go.
Grandpa told me on the phone he was having his knee replaced. That's pretty intense. Has it been bothering him for a long time? It's cool that we have the technology to do that kind of thing though. Back in the day you would've just been hosed.
So ya, not too much has changed here. We'll continue looking for people to teach once I'm healthy again. Ryan is still doing well and I'm pretty sure Richard is still planning to come to church this Sunday so we're happy for that too. Sharon, our recent convert is still awesome. She gave us some Christmas presents with a really nice card in it thanking us for making such a difference in her life. It made me really happy to read that. That's the best thing about being a missionary in my opinion, it's just such a good feeling to know the gospel has made such a difference in someone and you got to be a part of it. It makes everything worth while, every bit of bad weather, slammed doors, and insults. It's a beautiful thing.
I hope you guys have fun at Todd's for New Year's if you get down there. I'm not sure what we're going to do but we have to be inside early so we don't get bricked or something lol. They say we can stay up until midnight to see in the New Year but we have to wake up at 6:30 still so I'll probably just go to bed at the normal time I would imagine. New Year's kind of loses its lustre on a mission I must say. It's not near as big of a deal, but the weird thing is after this New Year's Eve we'll be officially in the year that I come home. Crazy.
Anyways I better get going now. Have a great week! I love you both.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment