Wednesday, December 1, 2010

December 1, 2010

Hey Mom and Dad,
It sounds like you guys had a good trip up to Forks and the place looks beautiful from the pictures you sent so I'm excited to go see it when I get back. But apparently the roads are ugly though. It's funny cuz we got the first snow of the season here and everybody is crapping bricks about how bad the roads are going to be if it keeps snowing. The thing about here though is the traffic comes to a standstill if the snow gets more than a few inches deep. And they don't know how to drive on snow either. Last year me and Largesse witnessed 5 or 6 car accidents just from people who don't know how to drive properly and rear end each other. Kinda like when the road is too slick for the person behind to stop but somehow the one in the front was able to. Pretty wild huh Mom? haha Remember that? Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Our Thanksgiving was really good here. We had a good dinner and everything was fun and whatnot. It was about as good as it can be without actually being home. We had to speak in church this weekend about missionary work and that went really well I think. I don't particularly enjoy speaking but I've gotten used to it now so it doesn't bother me too bad. And besides that we only had to speak for 6-7 minutes each this time so it was really easy. My comp was scared to death of it though. He was losing sleep the whole week over it. Maybe it didn't help that I told him we had to speak for 15 minutes and had him believing that til Friday when they told us on the previous Sunday. Our new convert Sharon gave a 10 minute talk and she did awesome, especially for only being a member for a little over 2 months now. It was just awesome. I was so happy to see that. And life is going pretty good other than that as well. We've been spending alot of time finding lately so that's been alright. It's getting flippin cold though. I had to bust out the big gloves this week for knocking doors to make sure I kept all of my digits.
My debit card has about had the weiner and is cracking. I'm afraid it'll break before too long and we'll be up poop creek without a rowboat. So if you could go up to the bank and see about getting me a new one that would be sweet. I'm not really too bothered with what it looks like so just pick something that isn't girly. And I don't know if they do them or not but if they offer the cards with the chip and pin thing it would be a bit more convenient to have one of those but if not it's ok I can manage just fine without one. Thank you very much! Did you get your post yet?
And one more bit of good news. You already know I'm staying in Redditch which I'm really happy about but also Elder Rapana is our new zone leader so I'll get to see him all the time now. I'm really excited for that. 
Anyways I better get going now. I hope you are having a good week and I'll email you on Monday again. Love you both!
Love, Elder Brice Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment