Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20, 2010

Hey Mom and Dad,
Well, it's Christmastime here again. And it's about the same as last year to tell you the truth. Everyone is busy and we get alot of "Call by after Christmas" comments from people. It's a bit frustrating cuz I want them to know what it's really about but no one is too bothered. But we keep on trucking. It's snowed quite a bit here the last few days. They say it's the largest single snowfall since 1981. (It's really not that bad compared to home but it's brought this country to its knees). Our church got cancelled yesterday so we ended up spending the morning shoveling people out of their driveways and pushing cars out of snowdrifts. I guess a bit of Christmas service is one of the best things we could do in light of missing out on church and whatnot you know. But it was good anyways. I just think it's funny cuz before winter came they were all saying that they're so much better prepared this year than last to deal with the snow but I haven't seen a plow yet and it's been a few days so maybe they should've looked over the preparations just a bit more. And they're not really used to driving in the snow here anyways so you have alot of accidents and people getting stuck and not knowing how to get out.
I'm glad you guys are feeling a bit of the Christmas spirit now and getting ready to take that stuff to the hospital. Sometimes when I see people over here who are struggling it really makes me grateful for what I have had over the years. It's really tough to see people struggle so hard for things that I always took for granted you know. It was always nice to know that we would be having a nice dinner and getting presents and everything else. Some people just don't have that, it's tough to see you know.
I'm also glad to hear that you are on the bone marrow donor list. I've heard donating that hurts like crazy, but if it's going to save a life it's more than worth it. I think I'll probably put myself on that list when I get back too, if they'll let me.
Rapana told me the other day that he'd been to the mission office and saw that I have two packages there from you and Nat so they're already there and I'll get them on Friday for sure. Thank you for that. I'm excited to get it. And thank you for the debit card as well, hopefully that'll be there as well but if not I guess I'll get it when I get it. I just hope it's soon cuz my other one is going to be in pieces before too long I think. And that would not be very pleasant.
Anyways I better get going now. Just so you know I'll be calling at noon your time on Saturday from Gerry's house so be ready for that. And I'll call Dad's cell phone like you asked. I love you both. Talk to you on Saturday.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment