Monday, December 6, 2010

December 6, 2010

Hey Mom and Dad,
Life has been pretty good here lately. Other than it's blinkin' freezing outside! It rained a couple of nights ago so all of the snow is gone for the moment but from what I hear it'll be back soon. Today there's a thick layer of frost all over everything. It's intense I tell you what.
Nat told me it was Grandma Lois' party this week and she loved it. Thank you very much for inviting her to that kind of stuff and looking out for the family and everything. I can tell it means alot to her by how she talks about it.
So you guys are going to Salt Lake with the youth too then? That should be really fun. I really miss seeing the lights at Temple Square. I used to love that. I'm looking forward to next year when I can go see them again. Christmas next year is going to be a nice one. I'll even be able to turn the wreaths upside down again haha. We don't even have any Christmas decorations in our flat to put up and I'm poor so I don't want to buy any so it's a bit lame. Last year we only had one little nativity thing, a 6 inch tall Christmas tree, and one 5 foot long strand of lights. It wasn't much but we put them up with pride haha.
That's sad to hear that Dale is having such a rough go of it. I'll keep him in my prayers. I didn't even realize his health was that bad. I hope it all goes well and he can get a liver in time.
So I have to tell you a story of what happened to us this week. So Gerry has 2 sons who hadn't been to church for years and years because they just didn't really want to go and didn't feel like it was that important. But this week one of his boys just started to ask questions about the Bible and the Book of Mormon and then he asked to hear the missionary discussions. So we taught him all week and then he came to church on Sunday! We're really happy to have that going on here. Gerry was so proud too. I'm as excited about that as I get when we have investigators who come to church. He seems like he's in it for the long haul as well so we're really excited! It's so cool to see it make a difference in someone's life you know. I'm just so happy I can't even explain it.
I'm also happy to hear you got my package and everything too. I'm sure you figured out what belonged to who and everything just fine. Thank you very much for the debit card as well. I appreciate all that you do for me. I'm about out of time now so I better get going but I'll talk to you again soon. I love you both.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment