Tuesday, November 23, 2010

November 22, 2010

Hey Mom and Dad,
It sounds like your trip is pretty interesting haha. I bet the "oh $%^!" handle is about to come off its hinges by now knowing you. It's bad enough when the wind is blowing over 3mph but when it's snowing it gets rather ridiculous. So Kristi and Neal are going up too? I didn't know that. That should be pretty fun I think. I always enjoyed when we could all get together. And this weekend will be cool just to be venturing off to somewhere different.
Thank you for agreeing to the shoe thing for Sharon as well. Her son wanted to order some custom made Converse All-Star shoes for his girlfriend so he got them all designed and everything but then he found out they don't ship to the UK and he happened to know a couple of nice Americans who might be able to help him out. So I gave them the address to your house so when they get there I'll give you Sharon's address to send them over here. She said she will cover all of the shipping and whatnot and she wanted to know if you wanted to have it sent over through the post or what? I don't know how long it'll take for the shoes to get there either so I'll have to ask Sharon and let you know when to expect them and everything. I'm not sure what is going to happen with transfers this go round but I think I might have a chance of staying here for one more. So hopefully that's what happens. I'd really hate to leave all the people here just before Christmas cuz I'd rather spend it with people I know and not have to meet all new ones just before the holidays. We'll have to see what happens I guess.
Everything is fine for Thanksgiving with Gerry so that should be really fun I think. I'm really excited for that. Nothing got messed up or anything so all is well. So at least I'll have a little piece of home this season. I've been luckier than most missionaries here cuz I got a Thanksgiving both years of my mission.
It sucks that the football team lost the game but hey 2nd at state is a heck of alot better than anything we've accomplished in recent years so they should be proud. I'm happy for them.
I think the idea you had about donating things to Primary Children's for Blake's birthday every year is a good idea. I couldn't help myself every time I saw the donation things for Primary Children's back home I had to give them something. They played a huge part in Blake's life for alot of years and some of that was fueled on other people's donations so I think it's only fitting that we give them something back so they can do it for someone else who needs it.
I'll make sure and get some good pictures of Thanksgiving this week. It scares me that I haven't taken enough pictures of everything over here. I've been trying to be better about it lately. I just wish I had taken more of the places I've been to and everything. We'll just have to take alot of them when you come over and we visit my areas. It's shaping up to be an easy visit for you guys if I get transferred to close areas for the rest of my mission. I've spent 16 months all within about 25-30 miles. Redditch is even in Worcestershire, the same county as Worcester. I'm sure you gathered what Worcestershire meant but I thought I'd clarify myself just a bit in case I never explained what a shire is.
Anyways I better get going now. I hope you have a lovely holiday. I love you both!
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment