Monday, July 4, 2011

July 4, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad, this week has been pretty good. We're now teaching China Joey and China Jason so we're really excited for that. I don't know if I told you yet but John is moving in with Joey and  Jason is their neighbor so that will make it really easy to teach them. He's moving in this week so that's pretty cool. They both came to church with John again this week and they seem to be enjoying it so it's really cool. We have to start from the very beginning though cuz Jason asked me this week why we take the bread and water and I explained that it's to remember Jesus and the Atonement and he asked me who Jesus is. So it's a good thing Finding Faith in Christ has a Chinese setting, that'll make our job a bit easier. Man that's pretty crazy about being related to Prince John, well, sort of. He may have been a bit of a turd but hey at least he was famous huh? I can't believe he's in Worcester as well. I've been in the crypt in the Worcester Cathedral. I didn't look at the different dead people but I couldn't have been more than a stone's throw away from him at the most. We'll definitely have to go and take a look. Cathedrals are pretty cool to look at I think. They're all like ridiculously old. There's a pub here in Notts next to the castle that was established in 1180 and it's still open. Crazy huh. Moroni had a better shot at seeing the place open up for the first time than I did.
There isn't too much going on here for the 4th of July sadly. My companion is English and one of the others is German. There's only me and one other American in this area. We'll probably go and have lunch later or something though. I do miss camping and wakeboarding alot. To be honest I just miss swimming, I've debated "falling" into the river once or twice but I thought maybe that's not such a good plan.
So it sounds like someone is moving up the ranks back home huh,dad, lol. Man one more spot and you're head honcho. Just kidding I wouldn't wish that calling on anyone. Come to think of it I wouldn't really wish any calling on anyone. But someone has to do them, and it's always the right person for the job in one way or another. Thank you for the life lesson this week as well. I liked that one alot. Very much applicable.
Thanks for upgrading to the comfy seats on the way home as well, I appreciate that. Trust me the whole trans-Atlantic thing gets a bit old after the 5th or 6th hour. Especially when your legs are long enough to touch the seat in front of you like Mom's ha ha.
Anyways I better get going now. I hope you guys have a good holiday weekend and I love you both.
Love, Brice

No comments:

Post a Comment