Monday, July 18, 2011

July 18, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad,
Well this week has been pretty uneventful, literally. Last week I sprained my ankle pretty bad so I've spent the week in the flat losing my mind. It's getting better though so I should be good to go in a couple of days. You should have seen it, it was the size of a baseball and then the swelling moved into my foot so I looked like I had some serious cankles and now it's all turned purple. I went and visited the hospital to get an x-ray at the encouragement of Sister Ogden and may I reiterate that if President Obama succeeds in socializing our healthcare we are utterly screwed. It's a long story so I'll tell you in person when you get here if you want to hear it but what I have said will suffice for now. I'm just pretty frustrated cuz this is the time I should be sprinting to the finish line and instead I'm crawling. As soon as the swelling goes down enough to put a shoe on I'm getting back out there. We have gotten out a bit when we could get a ride somewhere so we at least were able to make some visits and stuff.
Gerry is pretty excited for you guys to come over. I'm excited to go see him again, and everyone from Redditch. I miss tons of them. It'll be good to go to church there before we come home so I can say my goodbyes and whatnot.
So Israelsen is getting married? Man that's crazy! Cool though I'm happy for him. You'll have to let Spence know when I report cuz it'd be really cool to see him again too. By the way when am I speaking? And if you could find out the topic that would be cool as well. Wow I forgot about Dutch oven potatoes that will be amazing to have them at my dinner. I'm going to have to watch myself when I get back cuz there are so many foods I miss from home that we don't get here and I don't want to plump up again lol.
As far as your scripture study goes, mom, it depends on what you are planning to study next. I always find that just reading through the scriptures and taking notes forces you to pull out ideas initially and then remember them later. If you are going through the New Testament again I would definitely recommend reading Jesus the Christ by Talmage. It helps you to understand everything about the culture and everything to do with the scriptures so it's more clear why Jesus said things the way he did and why things happened how they did. It's really good. I've spent the last week reading alot from there and I've almost finished it again.
It's good that the shop is bus, dad. Business equals paychecks so it's a blessing even if it's stressful at the time right? I really miss the boat as well so we'll have to go out when I get back for sure, then you can try to tip me out of the tube again like the old times haha. Well I'm nearly out of time now so I better get going. I love you both. And it's hard to believe next week you will be in Europe, and for a short time before you head for Paris you'll be within a couple hours drive of Nottingham. Have a good week and a good flight.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment