Monday, August 9, 2010

August 9, 2010

So it sounds like the fair was slightly lame compared to other years. I'm sorry for that. But I see they still had the corn dogs so it sounds like a victory to me. I liked the pictures of Brandon and all of those guys looking like fruitcakes haha. That was ridiculous. And you won a rifle? That's awesome! You'll have to send me some pictures of it when you go get it. I think I'm going to go gun crazy when I get home haha. We're not supposed to hold them anyways but we don't even see them over here cuz they are illegal in the UK. But that's really cool. I wouldn't have thought Dad would have the luck to win a gun, Blake would've, definitely not me or Dad though. But that's cool anyways.
Thank you for that life lesson today Dad. It's pretty true if you want my opinion. Especially for us the last couple of weeks. This week was better than last but both have been a bit rough. But the important thing is that we learn from it.

Yesterday was a good day at church I tell you what. We had a good morning and everything getting ready and then our ride gets there and he was stressed out like crazy for reasons I'm not going to mention over the internet so we were trying to help him and then we get to church and the 2nd counselor of the bishopric comes and says one of the speakers can't make it so they divided the time between the two of us so we needed to give talks. That is not my favorite thing in the world. So our Sunday was a bit stressful I'm not gonna lie. But we survived so I guess I can't complain too much.
The other day we were over at Gerry's house and he pulled out some stuff he found in his attic. He had some old stuff that some of the mission presidents had given him. He had an old England Birmingham Mission tie pin and a few of the mission yearbooks from back in the day. He even had one that had Dusty in it. Pretty sweet huh. I thought that was really cool.
So anyways I better get going now but before I go I have one request for the package you send. I would just like some regular Jolly Ranchers. They don't have those here and the flavors they have for hard candies are terrible so some of those would be wonderful. And some deodorant. But other than that I'm good. Thank you guys so much for everything. I love you both

No comments:

Post a Comment