Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 27, 2010

First things first, I got Pam's package on Wednesday and I love it! I hung it up next to my study desk. It made me shed a tear but it is amazing. Our baptism on the 5th has to be postponed because our investigator's mother passed away on Friday and he needs a bit of time to get the funeral done and everything. So we're helping him through all of that at the moment. It's kinda hard because alot of the stuff he says about it is the same type of stuff I was feeling with Blake so it kinda reopened a wound you could say. But it did give me a chance to testify to him of the Plan of Salvation. It's actually been so amazing how many people we have met lately who are angry with God over the loss of a loved one. What I say doesn't always help them but if nothing else it strengthens my conviction.
That sucks that you guys are getting snow. It's been fetching hot here the last couple of days. I've been sweating so bad. But today isn't quite as hot and they say the rest of the week should be the same as today so that's good. So Dad, did you go flying while Mom was at the spa? How long do you think it'll be before you get the door fixed and all of that business? I'm glad you enjoyed the spa with Megan and Kelli. It sounds like you had a good time.
Thank you for the life lesson today Dad. It's easy to forget how true that is. Out here you have a badge on your chest that hopefully reminds you to keep your nose clean but you never know who's watching, mission or otherwise.
So is Cody getting excited to head out? I'm excited for him. Who spoke with him on Sunday? Tell him his mission goal should be to tract an Amish community and baptize someone from there. I don't know how many Amish people there are in Kentucky but I'm sure there's a few of them. Anyways I need to get going now. Thank you for everything you do. How much longer will it be before you start getting the headstone sorted? Sorry that was just one more random question. I love you guys
p.s. I need an American flag tie for the 4th cuz it's on a Sunday this year and I want to wear it to church to wind these people up so if you can find one and send it straight to the flat that would be awesome. And if you can, send it in a relatively small envelope cuz if it doesn't fit in the post box they take it to a sorting office clear across town and I have to go get it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment