Thursday, October 15, 2009

October 14, 2009

It was transfer week this week so p-day was on Wednesday. I got another tour of duty in Hereford with Elder Israelsen. We didn't get to see the last session of Conference but we get Ensigns every month so I'll get to read Elder Holland's testimony of the Book of Mormon then.You also asked how many miles we bike and it usually ends up being about 5-6 per day depending on whether we go out to the church or not cuz that's about 4 miles away. Teaching has been going well we have 4 investigators with baptismal dates right now so that's sweet. It's starting to get cold here so I am about ready for my "armor all" ha ha (a little inside joke between me and mom).

So as far as the old teaching goes we lost one of our investigators with a baptismal date, we call them projections, because he heard some anti information I think so that really isn't cool at all. But the good news is we picked up three new ones the next day! Sweet huh. We have to help one of them quit smoking but he sounds committed so thats good. But yes the new three all accepted a date. two are on the 31st and one is on the 7th. So I'm way excited for that. We tried to go talk to college students the other day cuz there's a college just up the hill from our place and that was different. It's weird to talk to the girls here because they hear us talk and find out we're Americans and then they try to flirt with my companion lol. So thats kind of weird.  So I need a little help, we have a less active woman who quit coming to church after she lost her husband to cancer. She has 4 little kids. She understands the plan of salvation and stuff but I just don't know what I can say to help. If you think of anything will you let me know? That would be so good if you could.

No comments:

Post a Comment