Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad how are things going? Life is good here I'm still in Nottingham so it looks like my mission will end here. I've lost Elder Wang though, he's going home in a few weeks. But the new guy is really cool he's called Elder Blackwood. He's English from Reading and was serving in the Denver North Mission for 8 months but he was having some pretty bad health problems with headaches and stuff and they thought it might be the altitude so he got moved here. It's kinda funny cuz his older brother was our AP here a little over a year ago so everyone already knows who he is. He's a really cool guy though I think we'll get along really well. It was a bit of a weird transfer though. There were 4 of us in this area but the other 3 got moved so I'm the only one who knows where anything is. Gerry came up to transfers though so that was really good to see him again. He got the measurements for my suit as well so we should be good to go. And I wrote a letter to Justin last week but I haven't heard back yet. I don't know what's going on there really.
I'm glad you got my present lol. You should seriously bring your special UK driving glasses (anti-gasp model) over with you though or else you and Dad might be going the rounds. I thought it was quite a clever gift myself ;-) I've started work on Ando's UK Driving Essentials so then I can observe for a while and try to remember what the differences are so you won't have so many surprises when you get here. But don't worry I'll make sure to send it off in time for your trip. When are you leaving to get over here again?
It sounds like you had a pretty busy weekend down in Pleasant Grove and waking up that early to get back to church would make for quite the marathon of a day I would think. I don't know who we're going to have New Year's with now either since Todd & Shelley are moving, but it sounds like things are going good for Conrad and Courtney though. It sounds like July will slim Todd's wallet a bit as well. But that's really cool. Tell them congratulations for me if you get the chance. And I'm up for some wild cow milking at Strawberry Days next year if we're going to do it. I've got wild cow riding in a couple of months with Bedke at the Cassia County Fair as well so that should be good.
It sounds like church was good this week too. I like what you said about tender mercies mom, they are everywhere if we are looking for them. (Although I don't know if not being able to find the solution to Solitaire requires getting that flustered, Mother. Just kidding ;-) But seriously. No really I'm joking, I know it's a stressful time at work right now). I do see tender mercies at work alot here in the mission. Sometimes we are told where to be and what to say and what to do which sorts everything out and we know it wasn't us that came up with it. It's pretty amazing.
To answer your question about whether the church is still sending missionaries to England, no I haven't heard that they only want English ones but they do seem to be sending more and more to missions inside the UK. In fact there are alot of Europeans in general, but I can see why they would want more British missionaries here but I don't see the day that they are the only ones they send. I guess we'll wait and see.
Well sorry this is a bit on the late side but we had a really busy day yesterday with transfers and I didn't have time to email. But I'll be emailing again on Monday. I love you both. Have a good week.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment