Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad how are things going? Life is good here. We're still finding alot. We find alot of people to listen to us but getting the return appointments is the difficult part. But we will truck on. Transfers are next week on the 22nd. Elder Wang goes home halfway through that transfer so he'll probably be getting moved and I'll stay til the end. You never know though. We'll have to see what happens. The time is running away too quickly. I find that the closer it comes the more bittersweet everything seems. I'll probably shed some tears before we leave this place. I've really come to love this land, even through all of the things that are different from home and yet just similar enough to be irritating. I'm going to miss it all when it's gone.
I can't believe how many of my companions and missionaries I worked with are home now. It's crazy. I figured Rapana would gain quite a following haha. Everybody loves that guy. He's the man and that story from Largesse about the drunk girl at the donut shop was hilarious. That sounds like him. Where is he living now anyways do you know?
Thank you for sending those scriptures for me. As long as they are the standard size they should be just fine. I talked to Gerry last night and he said he'd be calling sometime today to talk to you so be expecting that. Also I was going to ask if you could bring a can of pumpkin over when you come,  there's a lady here named Rosa whom I gave some of the pumpkin chocolate chip cookies I made to and she loved them and wants to be able to make some. By the way she's going to give us dinner when we come to Notts she told me yesterday so there's something for you to look forward to. I'm scoring us dinner appointments left and right haha.
Man the weather sounds crazy back there. Hopefully the potatoes will be alright. But I'm sure it'll turn back into Idaho soon.
I've learned that as missionaries you have to be very careful because if a set of missionaries does something not so smooth then the members have a bit of a bad taste in their mouth about missionaries in general for a little while even after the offenders are long gone. And if you're the ones that have to clean up the mess it becomes very difficult to win their trust back. Our actions affect alot more than I thought they would. Anyways I better get going now. I love you both. Have a great week!
 Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment