Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad,
Life is going good here. We had a bit of a frustrating end of the week because two of our investigators just disappeared and we haven't been able to contact them, we'll keep trying and hopefully we'll track them down. We're still trying to find new ones at the minute so we meet lots of people. The difficult part is getting return appointments. But we truck on.
That fundraiser for Devon sounds like it was pretty cool. I bet Devon was proper wound up over the ball games. I wish I could've seen it. But it's cool that they are helping them out with the lift thing. He was getting to be a big lad when I was there and I can only imagine he's grown a bit since then so I bet it's getting interesting taking him in and out of the van.
 I'm really looking forward to flying in the new plane when I get back, dad. I see all the small planes out here all the time now that the weather is warmer and I'm getting a bit excited to go out.
I have to tell you another cool story about President Ogden. This guy is seriously my hero. We had interviews with him this week and in the interview we just talked about finishing strong and all of that and then he just started telling me a story about how the Lord has taken care of him throughout his life through the things that have happened to him and everything and that all is well in the end so I should not worry about what the future holds because the Lord takes care of his missionaries. The crazy part is I was thinking about what the future held the whole time because of the recent events that have changed my whole life plan but I was afraid to ask because I didn't want him to think I was dying early or something. But then without my bringing it up he said to put my faith in the Lord and all will be well. It was just cool. He does this type of inspired stuff all the time. But ya it was pretty sweet. I still have no idea what I'm going to do when I get back but I'm leaning towards going back to ISU with Brandon in January if he's still going. I don't know. 
I heard a quote the other day that I would like to share with you. It's from King George's Christmas Speech in 1939 when Britain was in the war:
"I said to the man who stood at the gate of the year, 'Give me a light that I may walk safely into the unknown.' and he replied, 'Go out into the darkness and place your hand into the hand of God, that is greater than a light, and safer than the known way.'"
So that is really the plan that I have. To place my hand into the hand of God and let Him guide the way I'll go. We'll just see where He leads me. I have to go now but I just want you both to know that I love you.
Love, Elder Brice Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment