Monday, February 7, 2011

February 7, 2011

Hey Mom and Dad,
My week here has been pretty good. We're still teaching Jack and that's all going pretty well, he just has a few word of wisdom issues to sort out first, but other than that he's good. We had a girl from Spain just walk into church yesterday too so we were quite chuffed. She speaks English but not very well so we were in a bit of a predicament cuz "no speako spanisho" doesn't get you very far I've found, but luckily one of the YSA girls and one of the guys both spoke Spanish so we were ok. The guy is actually from West Valley I think. Either that or West Jordan, but either way he's from the Salt Lake area going to Nottingham University. So ya that was pretty sweet. We have an appointment with her tonight so hopefully that'll go well. She said she had alot of friends back in Spain who were members but she just never got baptized herself, so maybe we'll help her along the way. Other than that our week was pretty normal. We're still just finding quite a bit. I haven't seen Vivien or heard from her or anything yet so we'll have to see what happens. I'm sure I'll get a call soon. I found out what my release date is now so you don't have to worry about keeping it a secret. I've got less than 6 months left now. That is insane.
We got a text this morning saying the Packers won the game. I'm not really that fussed to be honest. Sounds like Rothlisberger is a turd though. Did he pull a Tiger and spend a bit of time with the ladies of the night or what?
Thanks for bringing up the memories of the push-ups mom, ya I remember the push up ice creams haha. I can't ever eat one without thinking of scaring the Schwann's man crapless.
Great fun that was :-)
I'm glad you guys are enjoying doing sealings and everything. I've still never even been to a sealing that I can remember so I'd like to see one. I do feel like Blake is helping out alot with that kind of stuff. I got a bit choked up yesterday because there was a lady in the ward who bore her testimony about family history and how important it is and I just had this strange warm feeling telling me he was very much involved and that it is important. I've never really had anything like that happen in the middle of Sacrament meeting where it was so specific. I've gotten specific answers many times but those were to specific problems or questions I was praying about.
So I looked up Laneham in Nottinghamshire where our family is from. It's about 20 miles away in the middle of nowhere. But hopefully if we have a free p-day I can convince the other guys to drive out there with me cuz I want to see it. I looked at a satellite picture and it was really, really small. It looked a bit like Grace. And the street going through the middle was even called Main Street. That's extremely uncommon in England. But I just thought "these are my people" haha. It was really cool.
I liked the life lesson today Dad, haha. You are right I don't completely understand now what you mean but I'm sure I'll be thanking you later. Just like usual. Oh, and tell Kade I'm proud of him! I wish I could've been there to see his baptism.
Anyways I better get going now. I love you both and I hope you are having a lovely week.
Love, Brice

No comments:

Post a Comment