Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6, 2010

Life is good here. Me and Gerry talked the Bishop into singing the Star Spangled Banner in priesthood on Sunday so that was good. The only thing was me and Gerry were the only ones who had ever sung the song so it sounded a bit like a pub brawl at times but it was good anyways. We had us a sweet barbecue at Gerry's on Sunday. He made hot dogs and fried chicken and put up the stars and stripes all over his house and played the national anthem and America the Beautiful and everything while we ate. It made me feel nice. Von Brughan didn't really understand all of it but he enjoyed himself anyway. The Bishops wife was there and she asked me what the 4th of July was about. She honestly didn't know what it was a celebration of. So I shared with her the purpose of it and she asked Gerry why he would support such a thing lol. It was really funny. So then for our spiritual thought for the day I shared 1 Nephi 13:16-19. You should read that it's funny and it's in the Book of Mormon so it's doctrine. And on Saturday we did some service for some members and got an awesome new investigator. She's one of the member's daughter's best friends and her name is Sophie. She's like 16 and we gave her a BoM and she loves it. So we're really chuffed about that.
That's cool about you guys eating at the Ranch Hand. I can't even tell you the amount of times we went out there haha. Good memories anyways. That's what me and Blake were about. Eating diner/truck stop breakfasts and going to watch football games. I was thinking the other day about how many games we went to together and man I can't even number them. Between the Utes, Colorado State (that's when they played against BYU in Provo but Blake would come smack me if I said we went to a BYU game), and Idaho State holy crap that was a ton. That's not even counting the high school ones. We had some good times. I like those ideas you guys have for the headstone. I agree that it just has to fit Blake so whatever we have to do for that I agree with.
Thank you for getting those things for me. You can just send them to the office that'll be fine. Von Brughan is excited for his Vote for Pedro shirt. All we do while we tract is quote Napoleon Dynamite, Hot Rod, and Nacho Libre so he's heard my impressions haha. We were looking around in the closets in the flat and found a pair of moon boots in there so he wears those around in the mornings. He's going to get a picture wearing those and his t-shirt when it gets here so he can send it to his brother lol. Him and his brother are alot like me and Blake. There's just funny stuff he sees that he has to send to his brother just cuz only him and his brother would see the humor in it lol. It's funny to see.
So how is Ginger liking Forks if the kids are hating it? I keep on telling all the Twilight fanatics in the wards that I have an aunt and uncle who have a hotel there and they freak out and everything it's pretty sweet. So Dad now that you have the new plane and whatnot are you going to get Mom to fly up to Forks to visit Ginger and Dan? That would be the easiest way to get there you know. I think that'd be a fun flight to take anyways. Thank you for the life lesson as well that was really a good one. I've had to apply patience a bit in the last little while here because the work has been tough but that's ok.
So I have to get going soon but I need to tell you a story first. On Thursday we had zone conference and we had Elder Kopischke of the Seventy there. They told us beforehand to come with a question in mind that we wanted answered so I did that and prayed that it would be answered there. It was awesome. It was Pres. Ogden who answered it for me but I watched him receive a spiritual prompting to share a scripture with us that answered my question. He was standing there at the podium and all of the sudden he paused and pulled out D&C 64:33 for us. It was awesome. Anyways I better get going. If you apply that principle even to coming to church on Sunday I promise it will work. Just be prepared. I love you both. Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment